Stitz?

Q&A forum. Please write all articles in english. Warning: you might get faster responses when writing in geman in one of the german forums.

Moderatoren: Stellwerk-Admin, Moderatoren

Antworten
Jorick
StiTz: 711371

Stitz?

Beitrag von Jorick »

Dear reader,

Since I play STS, I'm wondering about the 'Stitz' telephonebook function. It seems that I have to install a client on my PC to make use of the Stitz telephonesystem. I tried to find information about the client in the Wiki, or the so called 'Handbücher', but never found any information.

Is there anyone who is able to explain about the software? And wich steps I have to follow in order to get thet Stitz system working?

I asume it is like TeamSpeak or something, or a simple version of Skype etc...

Thanks a lot!
toyohj60
Erbauer
StiTz: 707860

Re: StiTz?

Beitrag von toyohj60 »

Hello,

you'll need to install the "Zoiper Free" Client in order to use the StiTz system.

regards
A-Designer: Sachsen
Z-Designer: Bayern, Sachsen, Sachsen-Anhalt, Thüringen

StiTz: 17860
LotharImKeller

Beitrag von LotharImKeller »

Hello Jorick,
You can find informations about StiTz in the forum: http://www.stellwerksim.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=79

There is a manual, how to install the client. This informations are written in german. If you have problems to understand it, we can translate it in english or maybe some of the people from Netherlands can translate it in dutch for You.

Greeting from Mönchengladbach,
Lothar.
--- Hier wird gebuddelt. ---
js
Stellwerk-AdminEntwicklerR-Admin [Alternative Stellwerke, München S-Bahn 2004, Test, Zug-Schattenregion]Erbauer
StiTz: 700002

Beitrag von js »

Stitz is based on the open standards "sip" and "iax". So you might use any software phone that supports one of these standards. Zoiper is one, but there are other free clients.

However, it's not a requirement to use Stitz when playing the game. Especially when playing a a german region people in the conference room of this region expects that you speak german.

Setting up Stitz is quite simple, you'll find some screenshots how to configure Zoiper client in the already mentioned Stitz Forum.
Hier würde eine Signatur stehen. Beachtet eh keiner, wozu also.
Jorick
StiTz: 711371

Beitrag von Jorick »

Thanks all for the information given.

I do understand that when someone calls me, he'll suspect that I'm able to speak German.
toyohj60
Erbauer
StiTz: 707860

Beitrag von toyohj60 »

thats for sure, but may be, he speaks english too :wink:
A-Designer: Sachsen
Z-Designer: Bayern, Sachsen, Sachsen-Anhalt, Thüringen

StiTz: 17860
js
Stellwerk-AdminEntwicklerR-Admin [Alternative Stellwerke, München S-Bahn 2004, Test, Zug-Schattenregion]Erbauer
StiTz: 700002

Beitrag von js »

Jorick hat geschrieben:Thanks all for the information given.

I do understand that when someone calls me, he'll suspect that I'm able to speak German.
Maybe not speak but understand. He might understand you talking english but might prefer answering in german.
Hier würde eine Signatur stehen. Beachtet eh keiner, wozu also.
Antworten