Copenhagen Metro?

Q&A forum. Please write all articles in english. Warning: you might get faster responses when writing in geman in one of the german forums.

Moderatoren: Stellwerk-Admin, Moderatoren

Antworten
andreglud

Copenhagen Metro?

Beitrag von andreglud »

Hi
I live really close to the Copenhagen Metro, and I've worked there for some time. Isn't it possible to create a version (with help from the admins) so we can get the metro on the map. I know everything to be able to make it work. I know some Java from old experience. Is this something that can be considered? It would be better if one of the admins took contact with me on skype (bertel98) since I have a lot of questions.
-André
Maerkertram
R-Admin [Berlin-Brandenburg, Berlin S-Bahn, Danmark West, Danmark Øst, Fernverkehr Skandinavien, Hamburg - Schleswig-Holstein, Sverige, Zug-Schattenregion]Fernverkehr-Team [DE, SKA]Erbauer

Re: Copenhagen Metro?

Beitrag von Maerkertram »

Technically, it wouldn't be that big problem to build Copenhagen Metro.

But Stellwerksim wants to be a program where people play together. This is possible e.g. with the railway routes between Padborg and Kastrup. Copenhagen Metro would be just 1-2 Stellwerks with not really interesting work (terminal stations, one swith at Christianshavn). Such Metrolines are typically controlled automatically in reality.
andreglud

Beitrag von andreglud »

Maerkertram hat geschrieben:Technically, it wouldn't be that big problem to build Copenhagen Metro.

But Stellwerksim wants to be a program where people play together. This is possible e.g. with the railway routes between Padborg and Kastrup. Copenhagen Metro would be just 1-2 Stellwerks with not really interesting work (terminal stations, one swith at Christianshavn). Such Metrolines are typically controlled automatically in reality.
Yea. The train is given a fictive number where it creates its own timetable. And if it gets delayed, it just changes itself. (That's why the metro had 99,8% punctuality last year.) But it could still be fun. I would really love to do something myself. As you say, it's splitted into two parts. CMC - Vestamager - Christianshavn and Vanløse - Lufthavnen. Maybe we could also add the Cityringen when tough it's not open yet.
searker

Beitrag von searker »

Well, changing the timetable isn´t possible atm. Trains in the simulation are created with templates which can only change with the themes like "Winter" or "Herbst" etc. (Winter and Autumn). Because of that trains of - for example - the "S-Bahn Berlin" (Berlin "Metro") sometimes have delays of about an hour and do still continue their timetable instead of changing it or heading back to the depot like they´d probably do in reality.

Because of that, the size and simplicity of the Metro i share Maerkertram´s opinion and think that it won´t be worth being implemented.

Greetings :)
Gruß, Tobias.
andreglud

Beitrag von andreglud »

Hm.. damn.
Antworten