How to change which platform a train is scheduled for

Q&A forum. Please write all articles in english. Warning: you might get faster responses when writing in geman in one of the german forums.

Moderatoren: Stellwerk-Admin, Moderatoren

Antworten
krubo

How to change which platform a train is scheduled for

Beitrag von krubo »

I'm playing "Venezia Mestre" (in Veneto) and it says "Wegen Wartung ist Gleis 1 und 2 gesperrt. Bitte auf die anderen Gleise ausweichen und dem Lokführer mitteilen." (Translated "Due to maintenance platforms 1 and 2 are locked. Please resort to the other platforms and tell the engineers.") So when a train comes, and its Fahrplan shows that it wants platform 1, I click "Funk"->(this train) "Gleisänderung nach"->"3". Now the Fahrplan shows the old platform (1) crossed out and the new platform (3) blinking, and I set the signals to send the train to platform 3.

The problem happens when I changed the platform and now it's time for the train to depart from the station. I set the signals to its next destination, but the train just stays there at platform 3 for a really long time. After about 5 minutes it finally departs, but if each train takes 5 minutes at the platform, the traffic quickly gets overwhelming. I also tried Funk->weiterfahren, but it didn't seem to help much. I think the problem was caused by the platform change. How should I change the platform without making the train wait 5 minutes to depart?

Thank you!
Paul
DevonFrosch
EntwicklerHandbuch-TeamR-Admin [Bremen-Niedersachsen, Fernverkehr Niederlande, Hamburg - Schleswig-Holstein, Niederlande Ost, Rhein-Main, Rhein-Main 2024, Rheinland-Pfalz, Ruhrgebiet, Zug-Schattenregion]Fernverkehr-Team [NL, SKA]Qualitätssicherung [Anlagen-QS, Zug-QS]Erbauer
StiTz: 709215

Re: How to change which platform a train is scheduled for

Beitrag von DevonFrosch »

Hi,

these 5 Minutes are considered as the time the passengers have to run from one platform to another to reach the train. There are two ways to get the train depart on time:
  • Wait a few minutes between announcing the new track and the arrival of the train - you can see you've waited long enough if the new track stops blinking.
  • If the new track ist on the same platform as the old track (e.g. 2 -> 3), the waiting time might be omitted, but that depends on some construction work done on the layout that if I'm right weren't done in Venezia Mestre.
Greetings,
DevonFrosch
Querschnittskompetenzträger
Projektübersicht
TranceArni

Beitrag von TranceArni »

So the best option is to change the platform some minutes prior to the arrival. Check the timetable to see which trains you have to rescedule to another platform :)
krubo

Beitrag von krubo »

Yes, this works much better now. I just look under Zugfolge and update each train to a suitable track at least 10 minutes ahead of time. (Also I learned the difference between track and platform now.) Thank you!
Antworten