Request Help

Q&A forum. Please write all articles in english. Warning: you might get faster responses when writing in geman in one of the german forums.

Moderatoren: Stellwerk-Admin, Moderatoren

Antworten
CosminPuscas

Request Help

Beitrag von CosminPuscas »

Good morning,

I try to install the JAVA runned STS but I get an error not being able to locate the main class, I need help to install the outside program so I'm able to play.

Thank you
DLichti
StiTz: 719231

Re: Request Help

Beitrag von DLichti »

Hi CosminPuscas,
To help you, we would need to know some more details about your system and the error.

First of all, what operating system do you use? Windows, Linux, MacOS, ...

Then, what version of Java have you installed? What is the ouptut of

Code: Alles auswählen

java -version
on your console?

When and after what action does your error occur? You might want to post the content of the Java console.

Finally, did you re-download the STS program?

David
mb1403
R-Admin [Belgien, Fernverkehr Frankreich, Fernverkehr Niederlande, Fernverkehr Polen, Hauts-de-France, Luxemburg, Niederlande West, Polen, Île-de-France]Fernverkehr-Team [NL, PL, FR]Qualitätssicherung [Zug-QS]Erbauer
StiTz: 734327

Beitrag von mb1403 »

"not being able to locate the main class"

ist nichts anderes als ein sogenannter "stack overflow", auf deutsch: Stapelüberlauf (jap, komisches Wort)

das ist ein reines Hardware-Problem und äussert sich komischerweise nur bei Java, hat gar nichts mit dem Betriebssystem zu tun.

Das push + pop -System, push bedeuted incoming, pop=outcoing, wenn da probs auftauchen ist es ein "stack" (Stapel)-Problem.

ist wie mit einer Dosen-Pyramide, du kannst nicht unten was rausziehen und oben was draufstellen ohne das die umfällt. Daher die Meldung "not being able to locate the main class".

hoffe es kam verständlich rüber. Außerdem fehlt noch "peek". Hoffe der Wiki-Artikel bekommt es besser rüber
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stapelspeicher

ich kann zwar sql und html lesen, aber bei Java hauts mir dann doch regelmässig die fragezeichen raus. nix für ungut.

gruß,

matze
aktuell (in alphabetical order): R Belgien / R Frankreich / R Luxemburg / R Niederlande West / R Polen / Z Tschechien
CosminPuscas

Beitrag von CosminPuscas »

Hi,

I operate on Mac with OSX El Capitan. I also tried to download that Java thing on a windows...still no luck !
Antworten