How to exchange Lok at terminal station

Q&A forum. Please write all articles in english. Warning: you might get faster responses when writing in geman in one of the german forums.

Moderatoren: Stellwerk-Admin, Moderatoren

Antworten
krubo

How to exchange Lok at terminal station

Beitrag von krubo »

I'm playing "Venezia Santa Lucia" (in Veneto) and I can't understand how to handle "tauscht Lok" (exchange loco) at the terminal station. For example, train R 2849 says in its Fahrplan: "von Venezia Mestre 1 nach Gleis 4 / 14:56- [4] tauscht Lok; ändert Richtung; ändert Name in R 2458". So I send it directly to track 4. When it gets to track 4, it radios "Lok R 2849 bereit zum Umsetzen", and if I radio it "Lok umsetzen", it radios back the same thing. Now, in the Zugfolge, Lok R 2849 appears in red and says its its Fahrplan: "nach BW / Halt vor Signal S137" (I see that S137 is on the right terminal end of track 4).

I think it means that the locomotive is stuck at the terminal end of the track, and the train cars are blocking the locomotive from turning around to get to BW. I think it means I should do something else instead, but I don't understand what else to do. I tried radioing "dauerhaft ändern" but it didn't seem to do anything. I tried opening a path from S136 to S130, but it also didn't seem to do anything. I did reply to the radio offering to provide Ersatzlok R 2849, so I have the Ersatzlok ready, but I thought I shouldn't try to couple the Ersatzlok with the train until after I removed the original Lok.

Any explanation or instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
Slein
Erbauer

Re: How to exchange Lok at terminal station

Beitrag von Slein »

Hi

You don't have to radio to the train "lok umsetzen", the lok is already decoupled when it radios you that its ready. Just couple the lok you got from the be at the rear end and after the whole train leaves the station you can send the decoupled lok back to the bw
Die STS-Handbücher helfen, Fragen zu beseitigen.

R-Admin Merxferri
Themascriptteam, Handbuchteam
endour

Re: How to exchange Lok at terminal station

Beitrag von endour »

Slein hat geschrieben:You don't have to radio to the train "lok umsetzen", the lok is already decoupled when it radios you that its ready.
I feel that this is a common mistake when you're a new player. I know the same thing happened to me. :mrgreen:

Maybe the wording could be improved, like "Lok xxxx abgekuppelt und bereit zum Umsetzen".
Antworten