Time synchronisation issues

Q&A forum. Please write all articles in english. Warning: you might get faster responses when writing in geman in one of the german forums.

Moderatoren: Stellwerk-Admin, Moderatoren

Antworten
matiaslq

Time synchronisation issues

Beitrag von matiaslq »

First of all, a great simulation, thanks to all the developers.

Now, I may have encountered a bug, or an unintended feature. Starting the game, I did not notice my computer was still on "summer time" (i.e. one hour ahead). After around 15 minutes in the game, the time suddenly shifted forward one hour - from the server game time of 6:23 to a new time of 7:23. All trains during that hour appeared in the game at once (as if the time had been fast forwarded one hour). Delays of more than one hour followed :cry:
One hour later, suddenly the time shifted (from 8:25 to 7:25), somehow returning to normal game time. I did not change my computer time at all. But now, trains that were one hour late were now practically on time - good, no? Well, no, now they are all waiting at their platforms for their late departure time (I guess?), not wanting to leave on time. Possibly the game is frozen (the scrolling text is not moving - who's on which Stellwerk etc.).

See the following screenshots. First is when the time shifted the first time (total chaos), second is the time shifted back to normal (totally quiet). Direct link to host as small images don't have enough detail on the forum.
https://imgur.com/a/q44YKzC

I hope this helps you improve the game - maybe time synchronisation with the server instead of using the local computer time will solve this?
Computer time was one hour ahead of the time it should have been. It's set to automatically update the time, but that doesn't seem to work...
Kind regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen
Matias (www.tognål.dk- Danish train pins)
matiaslq

Re: Time synchronisation issues

Beitrag von matiaslq »

Also, when I closed the game it said "Die ungefähre Spieldauer war 91 Minuten", but I had been playing for one hour more than that (I can tell because I downloaded the .js file to start playing)
Kind regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen
Matias (www.tognål.dk- Danish train pins)
Antworten