Simulator Forum Handbuch https 
Forum :: English Support

Aktuelle Zeit: Di Okt 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: General questions in English
BeitragVerfasst: Mo MĂ€r 06, 2017 4:43 pm 

BeitrÀge: 3
I have only recently started playing this game with other people after only playing with my friends. Because of that I have no experience with the language and lingo I have to use to play with others. For example, I know I have to let my neighbor know if I send a train down the wrong (left) track, but what if a train is delayed? What do I do if I have a technical problem on my Stellwerk? Is it better to say too much or too little?

I also see that pretty much everybody here is German. I do understand German, but I find it really difficult to write - I forget the words, and I know no grammar, sadly. Do people here understand English? How well? Is there a phrase I can say to let my neighbor know I can understand but not speak German? Are there any special words or abbreviations related to the game that a machine translator might not know?

I apologize for the load of questions, but I hope you will help me feel more welcome and be polite to my neighbors in this fun place :) If you feel like playing with an English-speaking neighbor let me know, I would love to keep you company!

PS: Which Stellwerk do you recommend for non-stop action? Which one is the hardest?

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: General questions in English
BeitragVerfasst: Mo MĂ€r 06, 2017 6:58 pm 

BeitrÀge: 14
Hello skoleboss, and wellcome to Stellwerksim.

Actually there is not too much communication required. Going left track ("GWB" for "Gleiswechselbetrieb" is the German term) should be avoided if possible. Some layouts (Stellwerke) have multiple connections (like "Hbf1, Hbf2"). It depends on the particular train which ones you can use (destination, connections in the neighbour layout, etc.). As a basic rule, you should always communicate before you send a train anywhere else then scheduled. People appreciate that.

When a train is delayed, it is indicated in the timetable automatically, so your neighbours can see that. The delay in minutes is given in brackets in the last column called "VerspĂ€tung". If it's negative, the train is ahead of schedule. You can also give a reason for the delay if you want: right-click on the train in the timetable and choose "VerspĂ€tungsbegrĂŒndung", but that is not mandatory.

Please feel free to ask questions on the chat in English. Most people in Germany know at least a little English. I think it's a shame, that there's no English manual yet. But there is a little glossary here on the forum at http://www.stellwerksim.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=23027.

The hardest layouts are usually the goods yards ("Rbf" - Rangierbahnhof) such as Seelze, Bremen - Burg, with a lot of shunting. The busiest passenger station probably is Amsterdam CS, but NĂŒrnberg or Leipzig Hbf are not bad either. The fictional layouts at Merxferri are quite busy, too.

Happy railroading, and see you in the stellwerk.

BeitrĂ€ge der letzten Zeit anzeigen:  Sortiere nach  

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde