Multiple questions

Q&A forum. Please write all articles in english. Warning: you might get faster responses when writing in geman in one of the german forums.

Moderatoren: Stellwerk-Admin, Moderatoren

Antworten
Daisuke
StiTz: 755919

Multiple questions

Beitrag von Daisuke »

Hello, I would like to know how do I create my STITZ number and how do I use it? I would also like to know whether how do I talk in Regionraums because I think that people do not understand me when talking in English. Some even appear to not check the chat boxes so the communication is bad and it is not helpful when having emergency situations (for example: closed tracks).
DLichti
StiTz: 719231

Re: Multiple questions

Beitrag von DLichti »

Hi
Daisuke hat geschrieben: Fr Jun 16, 2023 4:39 pmhow do I create my STITZ number and how do I use it?
There is a chapter about StiTz in the user's manual. It's in German, but you may be able to feed it through an online translator. Basically, this should be your personal StiTz account page. At the bottom of the page, you can have it generate screenshots of what the VoIP configuration pages of some popular devices should look like with your login data setup.
Daisuke hat geschrieben: Fr Jun 16, 2023 4:39 pmhow do I talk in Regionraums because I think that people do not understand me when talking in English
Yes, this is very well possible. The simulator's coverage has expanded quite a lot into other countries in recent years. But the community is still mostly German.
Daisuke hat geschrieben: Fr Jun 16, 2023 4:39 pmSome even appear to not check the chat boxes
There are several things to keep in mind:
  • The radio and chat screens are mutually exclusive. Locations that require a lot of radio communication leave little time to follow chat messages.
  • Notifications for messages in the regional and global channels are among the least noticable compared to most other sounds in the simulator.
  • If your location is at the border of your region, not all direct neighbour locations may have access to the same regional channel.
So, if you have a general question that is not about regional coordination, you will stand much better chances in the global 'Fahrdienstleiter' or 'Lobby' channels.

Hope this helps a little bit.

David
Antworten