Stop shunting movement?

Q&A forum. Please write all articles in english. Warning: you might get faster responses when writing in geman in one of the german forums.

Moderatoren: Stellwerk-Admin, Moderatoren

Antworten
Pospec76502
StiTz: 767372

Stop shunting movement?

Beitrag von Pospec76502 »

Hello,

Is it possible to stop shunting locomotive manually before it reaches next stop signal?

It took me 27 minutes (!) to switch locomotive from one end to other because shunting tracks are very long (500 meters) and the loco rides slowly all the way to the end.

I was looking in "Handbuch" but failed to find anything related.

Thank you!
Maerkertram
R-Admin [Berlin-Brandenburg, Berlin S-Bahn, Danmark West, Danmark Øst, Fernverkehr Deutschland, Fernverkehr Skandinavien, Hamburg - Schleswig-Holstein, Sverige, Zug-Schattenregion]Fernverkehr-Team [DE, SKA]Erbauer

Re: Stop shunting movement?

Beitrag von Maerkertram »

Hello Pospec,

It is not possible to stop a train oder a shunting locomotive manually. Sometimes there are alternative ways for shunting (on shorter tracks), but otherwise it can take a long time.
Pospec76502
StiTz: 767372

Beitrag von Pospec76502 »

Thank you. I was expecting something like "Rangierenfahrt Halt" in "Funk" menu. ISDR.pl simulator has exactly this option.

Anyway, great sim!
Chris135
Erbauer
StiTz: 759448

Beitrag von Chris135 »

What you also can do is shunting by manually setting the switches and signals. If a loco approaches a switch from the "wrong" side and it shows the other way, the loco will stop and you can order it to switch directions. You just have to make sure that no other train crosses the planned route of the loco.
Aktuelle Projekte: Neubau Zittau (2010), Fahrplanwechsel im Vogtland
Antworten